Friday, July 20, 2007

Science workshop @ VJC

I am delighted today! Joel Tan and I were selected to attend a science workshop in
Victoria Junior College today. (: Our topic was on Chemistry of Fats from Organic Chemistry.

We got to taste bread, one with butter, and the other one with margarine.
We also did an experiment on identifying the saturated fats and unsaturated fats.
We then tried out a FAMOUS AMOS cookie and two MINI-OREO biscuits to determine which one contains the bad fats or good fats.

After then, Joel and I toured around the college and took some photos. To my amazement, I met my senior, Jia Qi, and two other SOKA comrades, Pu En and Jing Han.

As usual, Jia Qi was in her cool Japster dressing, Pu En was in her neat WUSHU clothing, and Jing Han was practising his hip-hop dance steps with the other dancers.

Jia Qi brought us around the whole school, introducing VJ's CCA, science and computer labs, classrooms, CCA rooms, hall, sports areas, and basically, EVERYWHERE.
She told us alot of life as a junior college student and the people there. (X

Later at night, my family and I went to have our dinner at Swensens and so as to celebrate my brother's birthday. We had quite a fun time today.



My brother took it when I was not aware.



Last but not least,


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY DEAR BROTHER!!!

No comments: