Sunday, April 15, 2007

One day tour to Desaru XD

A group of us went to Desaru, Malaysia, yesterday. When I reached Malaysia, I still could not believe that I was there! This is because during this period, Mr Suhaimi is teaching us on the SETTLEMENTS; CASE STUDY OF PENINSULA MALAYSIA.

So when I reached there, I am glad that I have the basic contextual knowledge of Peninsula Malaysia. This has been a educational tour for me :)

What did I learn?

Pure Geography: SETTLEMENTS(eg. MOSTLY LINEAR due to the transportation network. This explains why the roads there are always narrow and straight); POPULATION DENSITY IN PENINSULA MALAYSIA(eg. KEDAH, KELANTAN & TERENGGANU); FISHING VILLAGES; PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY etc etc.

Pure Chemistry: N.P.K.

Basic Sciences

Important common knowledge

First, we went to the museum.

Then, the Crocodile World. This was really exciting! :D


The path made from hard work & sweat



Crocodiles in ACTIONS!


"Mr Crocodile"


Lookng after her 50 - 80 over eggs

Third, Desaru Fruit Farm. We had our sumptuous lunch there.

Next, the educational tour in Desaru fruit farm. I learnt alot!! XD





Some areas in Desaru Fruit Farm



Tall palm tree








DESARU mini zoo

Then, back to Desaru Fruit Farm for the talk on HONEY! Sweet.. We bought many honey-based stuff. Haha.


After that, we had our FRUITS BUFFET. Ohh.. it was really full.

Thereafter, we went to the Desaru beach!








FINE AND SOFT SAND; WIDE AND LONG BEACHLINE; WARM SUNLIGHT; COOLING SEA BREEZE; BEACH ACTIVITIES; CLEAR BLUE SKY; BLUFFY CLOUDS!


We're about to reach our GOAL! Gambatte! :D


AIM HIGH PEOPLE! :]

This is where we get to walk into the agricultural gallery, featuring the life of many villagers in the fishing villages - Kedah, Kelantan, Terengganu.



Then, we had our delicious seafood dinner at Kota Tinggi. We also get to know about the SERIOUS FLOODING there.

And finally, we had a hour or more ride on a long, narrow, dark and rocky road to witness the fireflies! When we reached our destination, we were asked to put on our life vest and then, prepared on a boat ride for fireflies exploration!


There were plenty of them on trees, just like a pretty Christmas tree with lightings! We managed to catch some and study them. But we still released them in the end. =D

Then we went to buy some local groceries before heading back to Singapore about midnight. For this whole one day journey, when we got onto the coach, we slept. Especially during that one hour ride at night. This was mainly due to the cool weather, rocky road, long ride, comfy coach and most importantly, there is no lighting along the roadside! For this point, I was quite amazed. It took about a hour road ride until we finally reached a place with buildings and lightings. However, this "light-up" lasted only about a few seconds, and we were back to the dark and rocky road again!

And so, we reached home at about 12.30am. I woke up at 2pm today. =X Though this trip was hot and tiring, I really learnt alot! And I do not regret for going! =]


P.S. In the coach, we were planning with the kind and friendly driver about the next holiday to Malacca and Cameron Highlands! Haha lols! XD

For those who are interested, please do inform me ASAP! (: AWAIT YOUR RESPONSE!

No comments: