
Main Comm (IICs + Facilitators + Game Masters)

For more pictures, check out my FB or ASD FB Group.
P.S. Ah .. it's 14 December 2009 today. Exactly 2 years ago, I was in Japan [Gunma Prefecture, Tokyo, Osaka: Holiday + Cousin's Wedding Ceremony + Kaikans Visitation + Soka University of Japan (SUJ) + many others] Came back Singapore on 22 December 2007. Attended JY's Gohonzon conferment on 23 December 2007. :)
Helped out in house-cleaning yesterday. Dig out all the clothes and stuff in the walk-in wardrobe, packed all the old clothes in the recycling bag and hang new clothes into the wardrobe. Found some old stuff and we started to reminisce the past.

That is my Kindergarten report card, and on the right, it's a card made by my teacher, which was decorated with my graduation concert performing pictures. ^^
As I flipped through my report card, I recalled how soft-spoken I was then, how I love singing lessons and how I fear of computing lessons, how excited I was to look forward to becoming the leader-of-the-day (you know those Kindergarten badges during those days that the teacher would pin on your uniform when it was your turn to be the leader of the class?), how I taught my partner to cover his mouth when sneezing, how I love music, how I love to perform, and many many more.
I then looked through the Kindergarten year book .. kids in Kindergarten uniform or PE attire, holding hands with your partner during excursions, cute caps and bags and water bottle, cheerful smile, innocent eyes, baby cheeks, being fascinated by the world around us, following instructions, washing our hands thoroughly before and after meals, line up in two straight lines and putting your finger on your lips as we walked along the corridors etc ..
Yah ... that was then. I realised how fast we have grown, 经一事,长一智。。facing with life and death lessons, encountering challenges along the way, overcoming obstacles, learning a lesson, picking ourselves up despite umpteenth times we fall, from failing tests/exams to passing all with ABDEE, from posting silly entries to more sensible ones, making new friends, getting to know ourselves even more, searching for a goal or direction in life and many others ...
有人说,“戏如人生,人生如戏” 。。
In NHR Volume 22: Chapter 2, "Currents" installment 31, Shin'ichi Yamamoto encouraged,
"The reason we’re moved by films and television dramas
that have happy endings is that the characters have
gone through all kinds of troubles to reach the conclusion.
All of you (We) are enacting a great drama of kosen-rufu.
Without tribulations, there’d be no story.
Obstacles provide fuel for victory."
that have happy endings is that the characters have
gone through all kinds of troubles to reach the conclusion.
All of you (We) are enacting a great drama of kosen-rufu.
Without tribulations, there’d be no story.
Obstacles provide fuel for victory."
Therefore, only through encountering hardships can we realised our true purpose in life. Most importantly, it is to accomplish what's priority at hand now.
"For what purpose should one cultivate wisdom?
May you always ask yourself this question."
No comments:
Post a Comment