Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Stay The Same


Despite umpteen times I have listened to this song, it will always serve as my encouragement.

I was J1 when I first came across this song. Then, I was fighting a tough inner battle with myself; struggling to find my goal, managing my time, and self-esteem hit rock bottom. I played this song during almost every bus journey.

Stay The Same - Joey Mcintyre

Don't you ever wish you were someone else,
You were meant to be the way you are exactly.
Don't you ever say you don't like the way you are.
When you learn to love yourself, you're better off by far.
And I hope you always stay the same,
'cause there's nothin' 'bout you I would change.


I think that you could be whatever you wanted to be
If you could realize, all the dreams you have inside.
Don't be afraid if you've got something to say,
Just open up your heart and let it show you the way.


Don't you ever wish you were someone else,
You were meant to be the way you are exactly.
Don't you ever say you don't like the way you are.
When you learn to love yourself, you're better off by far.
And I hope you always stay the same, 

'cause there's nothin' 'bout you I would change.

Believe in yourself.
Reach down inside.
The love you find will set you free.
Believe in yourself, you will come alive.
Have faith in what you do.
You'll make it through.


Don't you ever wish you were someone else,
You were meant to be the way you are exactly.
Don't you ever say you don't like the way you are.
When you learn to love yourself, you're better off by far.
And I hope you always stay the same, 

'cause there's nothin' 'bout you I would change.


P.S. Many a time, if we could just learn to love ourselves, be honest with our own feelings, acknowledge our own strengths and weaknesses, and lastly, believe, believe in our capability, we will definitely make it through.

No comments: