Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Gratitude


Mentor's birthday; a day of gratitude.
In fact we should develop a sense of gratitude everyday.

This entry has been scheduled on 2nd January 2013; however, today is 7th January 2013, which is the first day of my finals for this semester. I'm typing this in the classroom; we have just completed the final examination for our computer application module. We were instructed to design a advertisement/poster, or a web page that introduces ourselves. I have came up with my final product, hence decided to continue this entry.

Let me recap on my happenings in 2012..

If I hadn't have the courage to take that first step to pursue my dream nor get out of my comfort zone, I reckon I would still be an ordinary office lady who teaches on Saturday. My mum has been my greatest pillar of support who plays multiple roles as a mother, mentor, friend, and comrade-in-faith. She is often willing to offer me guidance (base on faith) when I need one.

From the application until the enrollment until the adaption processes in Singapore and Taiwan, sansho-shima, of course, were there to obstruct me - both physically and mentally. However, I based everything on faith and daimoku. When I work for a greater goal, I'm actually grateful for the presence of obstacles as they reassure me that I'm heading the right way.

In restrospect, all those struggles seem just like 過眼雲煙. I came across a wonderful guidance on 4th January:

"When you encounter a severe difficulty, you may despairingly feel that it is the end of everything and give up. However, you should never succumb to such difficulties in life. You must win by all means. If you do, you will later be able to look back with a feeling of satisfaction on your days of desperate struggle."

Despite the pressure from the finals, one thing that I'm looking forward to is that I will soon be back to my homeland this Saturday! *Throws pom pom* I miss my family, friends, and the all-so-sedup SG food! *Shed tears of joy* Hahaha. :'D

No comments: