Was browsing through the courses offered at Soka University of Japan once again. Then Misako Hirade
(平出美佐子), also known as "Lah" among her SUJ friends, initiated a chat on Facebook! Elated to hear from her since we only communicate through emails all the while and not via Facebook.
Lah will be completing her studies in Shanghai University and will return back to Japan on 25th January. She's picking up English and Chinese, while I'm strengthening my Japanese. Hence we do not have much language barrier while conversing with each other. We have just exchanged our mailing address(es), most probably gonna stay connected through postcards and letters too! I'm sure Sensei will be happy to know that his youthful disciples forge strong bonds despite coming from different country!
Honestly, after hearing from Lah, she has really encouraged me to follow the path I have chosen. And I feel even more motivated to strengthen my Japanese. Have been practicing my writing by sending letters in Japanese to a WD leader who is also a Japanese and married to Singapore. Although not very professional, I'm learning each time! :) Now I have got to work on the victory report to Sensei for my district and myself, as well as doing the Chinese-Japanese translation for my mum's district report.
Passed the Intermediate Japanese final examinations. Will be starting the Advanced Japanese First Year course next Monday. The result for the JLPT N5 exam will be out this March. 2012 - it will be another year of greater improvement and advancement in terms of personal growth, family, district, work and studies.
Everyone, fighting!
No comments:
Post a Comment