Saturday, September 29, 2012

New Experience


Typhoon hit Taiwan these two days. The wind was so strong that it "pushed/blow" me into the hostel lobby just now when I returned from school. Later at night when I was working on my assignment, I received a call from my classmate. She told me her hostel room on the 4th level was flooded! She thought Typhoon had hit her room.

Because it was a Friday night and Mid-Autumn Festival is approaching , most of the locals usually went back home to stay over the weekends. Hence the people we all know are not in their hostels, and I'm the only one she knows of whom did not go out. So I went down to help with the "disaster".

Based on my analytical mind (P.S. Thanks to watching many Hong Kong dramas with mum back at home :D), I found out that the source of the "man-made disaster" was from the hostel room next door. Thus, I called the administrator who was on patrol at night for assistance. When we unlocked the room next door, it turned out that the tap at the balcony was not turned off! The water overflowed from the balcony to the room, then into my classmate's hostel.

We started to gather manpower to mitigate the "disaster". From clearing the water to mopping the floor, by the time everything had settled down, it was already past midnight. I rushed back to my room to complete the assignment and online submission.

I have a crazy and fun-loving roommates from Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Macau. Usually when others are sleeping or already hit 2am, we begin to clean our hostel, learn to tie different hair knots, talk about our problems and share experiences, etc. This is called, 不到睡覺時就不想做事情。 Therefore, at 2.30am, we started to push out our luggage and unpack the winter clothes. ==
Oh look, it is almost 4am now!

No comments: