Sunday, March 04, 2012

The Original Things in Life

Had a short getaway to West Java recently. This short trip was really awesome as I got to experience things that I will not get to see/touch/eat/feel (and etc) here.

The first picture was taken just as the plane reached Indonesia.


On the first day, we went up the mountains to have a delicious lunch there. The scenery and atmosphere were bagus! :)


The next picture I'mma share here makes me exclaimed in awe.
Being passionate over natural scenery, probably none would know how excited I felt at that moment when I got to stand this close to a volcano! The feeling was indescribable.


When traveling, I prefer to take pictures of the scenery than having people in the shot. Haha I think it has become more of a habit and at times, my mum could not stand this habit of mine. She would take the camera away from my hand and push me into the snapshot. LOL.

Then we visited a farming family who stay in the mountains. They own these fields in-front of their house, and grow vegetables, strawberries and many others. Wonderful right?


We also encountered many other situations that cannot be found here. One-way traffic, overhead bridge without railings, locals taking up the role as 'traffic controller' anytime and anywhere, congestion that lasted for hours, walking in the rain, citizens selling all kinds of stuff and providing various services at the middle of both lanes.....

All in all, the people do not rush for time, they are happy and satisfied as who and where they are, even if the school kids got rainwater splashed by a passing vehicle, they are still able to laugh it off. I see the most original and pureness of life in them, something I will not see in the city dwellers. :')

No comments: